Monday, March 13, 2017

Seafood Kitchen Towel Part Two


I am back with part two of my seafood kitchen towel project.  You may remember in part one I had hemmed the towel, transferred my seafood motif and selected my color palette.

I started stitching the swirly background ribbon - you can see in this close up that I used a Whipped Blanket Stitch.  I closed the open edge of this stitch with the Back Stitch.  I love the blue/green color variation of the perle cotton floss!
Also in this close up - you can see the lilac colored scallop shell.  It is outlined in Stem Stitch and the ribs are done with Double Knot Stitch




For the star fish, I am using the Blanket Stitch all the way around:


 I still have the big fish motif, another scallop and some assorted mussels and clams left to stitch.  And of course add that trim tape!


2 comments:

Darla Mae said...

Hi Kim,

First off, let me say that I do not have your gift of choosing colors. My Mom has it, but it did not filter down to me. So, when I saw the colors you had chosen for this project, I just could not see how they could "match".

But I see now that they look absolutely beautiful together! You did a wonderful job of choosing colors and I love the texture of the stitches. They add so much to the look of the project. Great job!

Darlene

Kim said...

Hi Darlene - Thank you! My mom is the same with color - she puts together beautiful palettes! She can remember color tones and can accurately match them later. I also used my color wheel for this palette. I started with that lilac and the triad for that color is lilac/violet - pink/orange - yellow/green. When I do my final post on this project, I plan on showing my color wheel with the floss I chose.